Monday, June 3, 2013

Product Recalls of Note for Falls, Burns, Lacerations and Choking Problems

Over the last month or two I've been slacking on printing every single product recall that comes up from the CPSC, but since I have a collective of recalls in my inbox, I thought I'd pass along some of the more interesting or important looking ones...

I've sorted them by the what I think might be the more critical threats first, though to be honest, they're all as critical as the next one.


Choking/Entanglement Issues:

Pottery Barn Kids recalled their "Sweet Lambie Crib Bumper" due to entanglement issues.

Mini Boden Chunky Cord Dungarees are posing a choking hazard.

Infant Froggy Socks have detaching parts that can cause choking.

Girl's Three-Piece Clothing Sets from Children's Apparel Network are being recalled due to loose belts that can get snagged and cause an entanglement issue!

-

Overheating, Burn, Fire Issues:

A food dehydrator from LEM, called the 5-Tray Dehydrator with Digital Timer, has a fire hazard associated with it.

Portable heaters (Optimus Tower Quartz Heaters) sold by Family Dollar Stores have an overheating issue, and hence, a fire issue.

Another overheating issue comes from a Meijer sold Touch Point Portable Baseboard Convection Heater.

Speaking of heaters with heat issues, here's a big one:  Optimus Recalls "Portable Infrared Radiant Quartz Electric Space Heaters" Due to Fire Hazard

Avon recalled...  wait... Avon?  Yes, Avon sold a Microwave Popcorn Maker that if you leave your popcorn cooking too long, well, it's called a burn and fire hazard.

-

Laceration, breakage and/or FALLING Concerns

Teavana recalled their "Glass Tea Tumblers" because of laceration and burn concerns.  The lacerations or burns could result from the glasses shattering unexpectedly.

Giada De Laurentiis Ceramic 9x13 Inch Lasagna Pans from Target were recalled, due to the pan possibly breaking and the resulting sharp edges could be dangerous.

While breakage is the cause for another recall on Louisville Slugger OneX Fastpitch softball bats.

Lea Industries recalled their "Lea Panel, Loft and Bunk Beds" because the mattress support rails could break, posing a fall hazard.


=

I spotted a throttle cable problem and recall, from KTM Motorcycles.  Yes, they note the entire motorcycle is being recalled.  "KTM North America Recalls KTM and Husaberg Motorcycles Due to Crash Hazard" or "Competition/Closed Course and Enduro Motorcycles."

=

If you think you have or know someone who does have these products, I suggest headed over to the CPSC site (Consumer Product Safety Commission) and if you don't see one of these recalls right there on the front page, use their search function, looking for the product name.

I've included more grievous issues or more prevalently sold/distributed issues.  I want my readers coming back in one piece and healthy!  Yes, all 20 of you!  Alright, there might be 25 of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - sorry for the confirmation but I need to weed out the noise from the well intended comments. Thanks for leaving a note... - Bruce